Sunday, April 09, 2006

Floppin', Turnin', and ... Riverin'?

Never been big on poker, mainly cause I'm not very good at it, but I've been interested in playing some Texas Hold 'Em recently. Don't know why, really, I wasn't looking to play, but I found a game online and played a bit there, just me against the computer. Then I tried one game (not real money!) against 7 real people, and dammit all if I didn't win the freakin' game.

So I guess that gave me a bit of an inflated ego, so I tried pokerstars.net, also not for real money, but against real people. I got smoked. I played a game this afternoon and lost $200 of play money in a very short time, and then this evening after everyone went to bed I played a little more - I played smarter than this afternoon, but still lost $1800. In my last hand, I was dealt a pair of freakin' aces and still lost. If this were real money, man would I have some 'splainin to do.

It was fun though, so I'll keep pluggin' away. It'll be a while until I play with real money, though, if ever.

On the lacrosse front, I saw the wildest freakin' (word of the day?) lacrosse game on Saturday night - Rock vs. Wings. The Rock were down 2 or 3 to nothing before they ever touched the ball. They were down 4-0 and then 7-1, then stormed back with a great second period to tie the game at 7. They were down 10-8 at halftime, then they didn't score at all in the third, and were down 14-8 early in the fourth. Again they stormed back to tie it at 14 with 43 seconds left, and then Colin Doyle won it 1:13 into overtime. They never had a lead in the game until they won it. They were down by 6 and came back to tie it, and then were down by 6 again and again came back to tie it. Gotta love lacrosse.

No comments: