Thursday, January 11, 2007

A thinly veiled attempt to increase readership

Mmmmmm-kay. I have exactly two lurkers. You'd think that a blog like this that deals with a fringe sport like lacrosse as well as the day-to-day life of Joe "2.3-kids-a-minivan-and-a-mortgage" Suburbs would get thousands of hits a day, but alas, you'd be wrong. Then again, I don't care about reader numbers, do I?

Seems that the real way to attract blog readers is to (a) be famous (nope), or (b) be an expert in some field and write about that (nope). However, I've seen several blogs about politics, and they always seem to attract the commenters, so maybe I'll try that. Note that I don't really follow politics much, so you might have to fill in some of the blanks here:

Did you read about what <politician> said the other day about <current political issue>? I just can't believe anyone can think that way - those damned <political party>s. Don't they understand that <opposing viewpoint>? Don't they remember <politician from 10-40 years ago>? Have we learned nothing from <scandal>?

OK, that's not working. I guess I'll stick to writing about stuff that I am more familiar with, and hopefully my faithful readers will occasionally find it interesting.

Item: Nicholas had oatmeal for breakfast this morning. I shit you not.

No comments: