Sunday, September 02, 2007

Word to the Wise

When ripping your entire CD collection, sync up your iPod every now and again. Don't wait until you've ripped 100 CDs and then try to sync. Who knew that syncing 1000 songs would take over two hours?

I've ripped a bunch of my latest CD purchases (which were sitting on top of the CD cabinet), and a few other odds and ends (some Christmas CDs and such), and then I started on the alphabetized collection. The scary thing is that I'm only in the B's right now (Blue Rodeo), and I've got 115 CDs (1609 songs, 4.7 days, 8.67 GB) already ripped.

1 comment:

CaHwyGuy - Daniel the California Highway Guy said...

Well, at least you're justifying my purchasing an 80GB ipod on Friday... that should just about hold my collection. I'm not looking forward to the loading either.