Friday, January 11, 2008

Football pool winner! Who'da thunk?

I've blogged a couple of times now (here and here) about this football pool I'm in, and how I don't know anything about football but was doing well anyway. I am stunned beyond belief to announce that I won the whole damn thing. I finished 6 points ahead of second place, and 68th overall in all of ESPN.

Financially, I came in second in week 2 ($10), then I won week 16 ($30), and then I won $260 for first place overall, for a total of $300. I'm still deciding what to do with that money. Do I just put it toward the credit cards, or do I treat the family to something, or do I say "screw 'em all" and buy myself a new Rock jersey?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You definitely need to go buy yourself something with the winnings - that is half the fun of winning! Then take the family out with what you have left.