Saturday, March 01, 2008

February Quotes

I saw this on another blog somewhere, and thought it was a neat idea. Once a month, I will post a list of interesting quotes I've heard over the previous month. They could be lines from songs or movies or TV shows or anything else. In my case, they're mostly songs because I listen to a lot of music. The quotes I selected were chosen mainly because they were intruiging or clever or funny, not because they represent my thoughts or feelings at any particular time.

"We're only immortal for a limited time"

Rush, Dreamline

"I'm in a groove now, or is it a rut?"

Rush, Face Up

"What people don't realize is they're between 10 and 150 milliseconds away from every creep on the planet"

"Well I've been looking' for a job but it's hard to find
Down here it's just winners and losers and don't get caught on the wrong side of that line"

Bruce Springsteen, Atlantic City

"Last night I sat him up behind the wheel and said
'Son, take a good look around. This is your hometown'"

Bruce Springsteen, My Hometown

"If you wonder why I never wrote you a song
it's because happiness writes white"

Harvey Danger, Happiness Writes White

"I remember what she said to me
how she swore that it never would end
I remember how she held me oh so tight
wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then"

Bob Seger, Against the Wind

"I was flyin' back from Lubbock, I saw Jesus on the plane
Or maybe it was Elvis, y'know they kinda look the same"

Don Henley, If Dirt Were Dollars

"She just looked at me, uncomprehendingly,
like cows at a passing train"

Don Henley, If Dirt Were Dollars

"A man with a briefcase can steal more money
than any man with a gun"

Don Henley, Gimme What You Got

"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Star Wars"

Leia: "Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerfherder!"
Han: "Who's scruffy-looking?"

Han Solo and Princess Leia, "The Empire Strikes Back"

Leia: "I happen to like nice men."
Han: "I'm nice men."

Han Solo and Princess Leia, "The Empire Strikes Back"

"When he speaks nobody listens, where he leads no one will go"

Genesis, Man on the Corner

"I swear you might have left me anyway
So I'll leave you instead"

Big Wreck, Under the Lighthouse

"Two men say they're Jesus
One of them must be wrong"

Dire Straits, Industrial Disease

"It is [for] a 5th round draft pick... It was either that or a bucket of pucks, but Florida didn't want to give up a whole bucket."

My friend Steve, talking about the Leafs trading Wade Belak to Florida

"You gave me nothin', now it's all I got"

U2, One

"Am I buggin' you? Don't mean to bug ya. OK Edge, play the blues."

U2, Silver and Gold (live)

"Don't believe in what they tell me, there ain't no cure
The rich stay healthy, the sick stay poor"

U2, God Part II

"You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking,
Scream without raising your voice"

U2, Running To Stand Still

No comments: