Friday, May 30, 2008

How the other half lives

Last summer, I was the captain of one of the iAnywhere Mobilizers, one of two Sybase softball teams. We had a crappy 3-19 season, but stepped up a bit in the tournament, winning 2 out of 5.

This year, I couldn't get enough players to put together a Mobilizers team, so I ended up joining the Sybase Sluggers in the A division. We've done pretty well so far (2-2 after four games), and I've been getting better in each game. On Tuesday night, I only made a couple of plays in the outfield, but I didn't blow any, and I even had three hits. And for the first time this season, I didn't have to ice my shoulder after the game and still felt fine the next day. Some interesting differences from last year to this year:

  • Date of our first win: May 22 (game 2)
    Last year: July 4 (game 11)

  • Date of our second win: May 27 (game 3)
    Last year: Aug 21 (game 18)

  • Number of games where we scored over 20 runs: 1 (out of 4)
    Last year: 1 (out of 22)

  • Number of games where we scored 10 or fewer runs: 1 (out of 4)
    Last year: 13 (out of 22)

  • Number of games where we gave up less than 5 runs: 2 (out of 4)
    Last year: 1 (out of 22)

  • Number of games where we gave up 20 or more runs: 1 (out of 4)
    Last year: 10 (out of 22)

No comments: