Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Everyone is talking about Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, and how fantastic it is and what a genius Joss Whedon is. I like a good funny as much as the next guy, so I checked it out last week and honestly, I just don't get it. It was pretty funny ("Wow, sarcasm! That's original!"), and Neil Patrick Harris was really good, but genius? I wouldn't go that far.

Maybe I need to see more of Whedon's stuff. I've never seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, or Firefly. We did rent the Firefly movie "Serenity" and it was OK, but I thought the same thing at the time: "It was OK, but what's the big deal?" I didn't worry too much about Serenity since I figured you had to know something about the TV show in order to fully appreciate the movie. But Dr. Horrible is a standalone thing and while I enjoyed it, I still didn't get the "genius".

1 comment:

Yappa said...

I bought the complete series of Firefly with the movie Serenity included (on sale for $10, new from amazon.ca). I enjoyed the series immensely. The movie was a real let-down... not nearly as good. So my advice is: try the series. It's worth it. Not brilliant, but quirky and smart and very entertaining.