Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How not to make your point

I got an email from Jim Balsillie's MakeItSeven.ca group today, asking me to send an email to Gary Bettman asking him why he's against having another NHL team in Southern Ontario. While I applaud the content of the message, did anyone from the MakeItSeven camp really think this through? Great idea guys, let's show Mr. Bettman the error of his ways by flooding his inbox with tens of thousands of identical form emails. That's bound to convince him to think about the issue objectively.


I disagree with Gary Bettman on this issue, but he's no idiot. Trust me, Bettman knows about the MakeItSeven thing and he knows that there are many thousands of people in Southern Ontario signed up for it. Spamming him is going to do nothing but piss him off.

No comments: