Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm a star!

Thanks to my work on attempting to get CC certification for ASA, I was given an "iAnywhere Solutions Star Performer" award yesterday. I got a plastic star "trophy" thing (which actually looks cooler than it sounds), as well as a nice monetary bonus. Once we get this certification (should be later this month), it will allow us to sell ASA to various sectors within the US government, which requires this level of certification before they are allowed to purchase any software product. John yesterday congratulated me on my award and called me "a god among men", which I think might be a bit of a stretch, but it is certainly nice to have my efforts recognized.

On an unrelated note, the sports headlines yesterday read "Barry Bonds Steroid Shocker". Two guys in the know wrote a book stating that Barry Bonds used lots of steroids over the last few years. Question: "shocker"? Is anyone actually shocked?

Update: Fixed the CC link. Thanks Daniel!

4 comments:

CaHwyGuy - Daniel the California Highway Guy said...

(1) Your link should likely be to either www.commoncriteriaportal.com or www.niap-ccevs.org. Commoncriteria.com doesn't exist.

(2) Was this an updated version of ASA, for I remember completing ASA ages ago (where ages is defined as either late 2005 or early 2006, for I remember the trip to the DC area quite well).

(3) Congratulations on the award. I know you put a lot of hard work into the evaluation effort.

CaHwyGuy - Daniel the California Highway Guy said...

Slight correction to my comment. Commoncriteria.org doesn't exist either. That used to be the commoncriteria site when it was run by Decisive Analytics about 3 years ago, but when they lost the contract, they kept the domain name. The new site is run by Dirk Jan-Out and the folks out in the Netherlands, and is commoncriteriaportal.org. Alas, they no longer have the forums they used to have. If you were validated under CCEVS, it is probably better to point to your CCEVS page at http://www.niap-ccevs.org/cc%2Dscheme/st/?vid=4046 (awarded 24 April 2006).

Graeme said...

Thanks Daniel - yes, this is from the original ASA validation from early last year. The posting was made in March 2006 - it was marked as updated today because I happened upon it somehow this morning and noticed a spelling mistake which I corrected.

CaHwyGuy - Daniel the California Highway Guy said...

Ummm, "that I corrected" :-)

I just saw it on the syndication on LJ, and followed it over.

Hope all is well.