Monday, March 27, 2006

Public Service Announcements

You may notice some images down the right side of my blog page - these are for some web sites that gather sponsors who donate money to specific causes for each visitor to the site, in exchange for the right to advertise on the site. These sites support causes like breast cancer research, literacy, food for the hungry, and saving the rainforest.

I came across these sites a couple of years ago, and after some due diligence to make sure it wasn't a scam, added links to our home page. Then I rewrote our page when I registered the perrow.ca domain, and didn't put the links on the new page -- they just don't really fit in among the pictures of my kids. I've added them to the sidebar of my blog because I have looked into them a bit, and I think they're legit, and because they support causes that I believe in. My mother, Gail's mother, and Gail's late grandmother have all been touched by breast cancer, and they all survived it. Me, Gail, and the boys have also walked in the CIBC Run for the Cure for the last couple of years, in the hopes that surviving breast cancer will be the norm, not the exception.

Please, if you could do me a favour and every now and again when reading my blog, click on one or more of these images and then click on the "Click here" button in the middle of the page you get to, that would certainly help. Thanks.

No comments: