Tuesday, July 21, 2009

UK 2009: Overview

...and we're back. After 18 days touring around Scotland, we're back in the land of Tim Horton's. It was almost three vacations in one – the first was four days of touring around London, with lots of walking and travelling on the tube and a tour bus. We rented an apartment near the Gloucester Road tube station and didn't drive anywhere. The second was a driving tour of the Scottish highlands, which are unbelievably beautiful. We stayed in three B&B's and one hotel in five nights and drove at least a couple of hours each day. The third was several days visiting family (no sightseeing at all), even including a funeral. We had a fabulous vacation and before you ask, yes, I did have haggis. That's good eatin'.

I'm planning on writing a fair bit about this trip over the next couple of weeks, mainly to capture it for posterity. I'll include where we went and what we saw, though I'm not planning on including details like where or what we ate unless it's particularly interesting. I'm telling you this, precious reader, so you don't think "Why is he writing all of these details? Does he think I care about all of this?" No, in fact I'm quite sure you don't. But I do, and this is my way of preserving this information for my own future reference. So feel free to skim or even skip these entries, which will all begin with "UK 2009". Don't worry, there will not be a quiz at the end.

No comments: