Wednesday, February 15, 2006

When I was your age, television was called "books"

One of the DVDs I got for Christmas is one I am surprised it took me this long to get - one of my all-time favourite movies, The Princess Bride. There are a staggering number of great quotes in that movie:

Inigo: Let me explain - no, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Vizzini: He didn't fall? Inconcievable!
Inigo: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Miracle Max: True love is the greatest thing in the world! Except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato, where the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomatoes are ripe. They're so perky. I love that.

Humperdinck: Tyrone, you know how much I love to watch you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to blame for it. I'm swamped!
Rugen: Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything.

Inigo: I do not suppose you could speed things up?
Westley: If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.
Inigo: I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you.
Westley: That does put a damper on our relationship.

Westley: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Inigo: That's a miracle pill?
Valerie: The chocolate makes it go down easier. But you have to wait fifteen minutes for full potency. And he shouldn't go in swimming after for at least, what?
Miracle Max: An hour. A good hour.

...and of course, the classic:

Inigo: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Thanks to IMDB for some of the quotes that I couldn't quite remember exactly.

No comments: