Monday, August 27, 2007

Responsibility

This entry is about responsibility. When you have a job to do, it is critical that you make every effort to make sure that job is done to the best of your ability, even if that means making sacrifices. By way of example, let's just say, hypothetically, that I was expecting a package today, coming by FedEx from, oh let's say Shanghai via Anchorage and Indianapolis. Let's also say, hypothetically, that I was at work when this hypothetical package was delivered and the FedEx guy brought it over to my neighbour's house, and he signed for it. Now the hypothetical package is in his hands, so he has taken on the responsibility of getting it to me, since I was the intended recipient. If you have this reponsibility, do you go out for the evening? NO! You stay at home and make sure that the intended recipient gets his hypothetical package as soon as humanly possible.

As I said, you may have to make sacrifices. You can go grocery shopping tomorrow. There will be other soccer tournaments that your kids can play in. You had an anniversary last year, you'll have another one next year. I'm sure she'll get married again.

So, Mr. Harrison, get the hell home, and get me my frackin' iPod hypothetical package!

No comments: